Friday, October 17, 2008

More bad news

I went in for the follow up ultrasound today and it was not good. The measurements showed a pregnancy 6 or 7 weeks along, and I should be twelve weeks, and we did not see a heartbeat. The other bad news was that it looked a bit deformed--but that would at least explain why it stopped growing. There is also a possibility that the reason it was a weird shape is because it was twins. The doctor did still say there is a very very small possibility that I merely missed a cycle and got pregnant considerably later than I thought. I still don't think that is right, because I got a positive pregnancy test on day 35 of my cycle. In the slight off chance that it does turn out it's a normal pregnancy, my doctor doesn't want to rush into anything just yet. So I have been scheduled to see her a week from Monday with another ultrasound to make sure that things haven't progressed any (that is the most likely thing) before we start talking about surgery or medications.

Please keep me in your prayers. I'm having an especially hard time dealing with this because after the first miscarriage we tried 2 years to get pregnant again, and we were really hoping after all that time and effort I would finally have something to show for it. I know God has a plan and sees the bigger picture, but I'm having a hard time dealing with that plan and not knowing what it is.

8 comments:

Tara said...

We are so sorry!! We will keep you in our prayers. You deserve so much, and it just isn't fair. I hope He has something good for you in the big picture!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. I know that this is a very hard trial but I also know that if you continue forward with faith; the Lord will bless you. He knows the desire of your hearts and your right- He'll never give you something that you can't handle! I know that you know this but sometimes it helps hearing it from a friend!

<3,
jesika

P.S. My blog link is jeskamay.blogspot.com

Jim and Sue said...

We are feeling so bad about the turn of events. You will stay in our prayers. We love you!

Krystal said...

I'm praying for you.

Sammie said...

I'm so sorry Mandy. We're all thinking about you and hoping for the best.

Anonymous said...

Mandy!! I am so sorry! I wish I was there to give you a huge hug! I love you so much and I admire your strength, trust and faith. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and plead for you! I love you so much! You are in my heart.

Amber Benge said...

I found you through Angie's blog and wanted you to know that I am praying for you. I struggled with infertility and lost two babies along the way. But God has now blessed me with two healthy children. I pray that He will give you a miracle!

Kristie Romberg said...

Mandy I am so sorry to hear about that. You are in my prayers and I am thinking of you. Please keep me updated! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.