Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dang Obama!!!

So today after my husband and I had enjoyed the afternoon session of General Conference, somebody knocked on our door. I was kind of annoyed, and figured it was our well-intentioned but um... obnoxious neighbor who comes over EVERY SINGLE DAY. She'd already been by once and accused me of having swollen feet (which I don't!!!), so I was irritated and decided to stay on the couch. I heard my husband talking to a young lady who was asking for Miranda. I found that a little odd. I came to the door and it was somebody with something something for Obama. Ugh!! She made some little statement or whatever blah blah blah and then asked "will you be voting for us?" or something weird that made it unclear to me who she was asking me to vote for. I said "for Obama?" and she responded with a yes. I said "no" (though what I really wish I had said was "It isn't any of your business to ask who I am voting for.") She followed up with "so are you voting for McCain?" (again, that would've been a good time for me to tell her off for not minding her own business. There's a reason we have voting booths--to keep it PRIVATE!!) and I said "no" so she asked--with kind of a held back snicker--if I was voting for somebody else. Well, if I'm not voting for McCain or Obama, then yes, I suppose I'm voting for somebody else. Then she proceeds to ask if I want one of her stupid pamphlets. I was about to say no but my husband maybe thought I was about to tear her head off so he said yes. So what I want to know is where this random woman got my name (probably from my stupid left-wing college). I was really irritated by that.

3 comments:

iiri said...

Nothing like being stalked by the political parties huh? Good thing she didn't show up here, I would have had fun explaining to her just WHY I am NOT voting for Obama. (LOL! I wouldn't have been nice either.)

Sammie said...

How obnoxious! I wouldn't have been very nice either. Boo! :(

hoLLY said...

Yay! congrats! when are you going to post a blog about it?????!!