Monday, October 13, 2008

Bad news

Well, I was really hoping I would get to share some good news today, but things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. I was going to announce, after my first doctor appointment and ultrasound, that we are pregnant. However, things did not look good on the ultrasound, and while my doctor was optimistically trying to tell us that it is probably just her ultrasound machine (it was a really small machine so she was saying maybe it was inaccurate), I have been through a miscarriage before, and doctors try to make you feel better even if from their perspective things look really bad. She was trying to tell me maybe I had ovulated later than I thought but I don't think it is possible to have ovulated 4 weeks later than I thought... especially because I had already gotten a positive pregnancy test when I was 7 days late.

I don't know why this is happening to me again, I know the Lord does not give us more than we can handle, but this just seems like so much. Please keep me in your prayers, and I will update everyone as soon as I can. We are scheduled for a regular ultrasound at the hospital on Friday. Please pray for us.



PS I just had a friend who told me they didn't see much at her twelve week ultrasound because she had an empty bladder. Though I filled my bladder before my appointment today the nurse made me empty it first, so I will try to hold on to hope... but I am definitely going shopping for a new doctor because I really don't like the way my doctor and her nurse have treated me.

13 comments:

Jim and Sue said...

Our prayers are with you and we hope that all will be well.
Definitely go for a new doctor. It's so important to have one that you trust and have a good rapport with.

iiri said...

Mandy, huge ~~hugs~~ for you!

I have enough hope for both of us.

I would see about a new doc.

~~hugs~~ you know where I am if you want to talk.

Sammie said...

So sorry Mandy! I sure hope everything is ok. Definately keep us posted.

hoLLY said...

Im so sorry Mandy!!! You guys are in our prayers and our thoughts! You should go to the DR. we went to, he is awesome, His name is Dave Bierer at Circle of Life in South Ogden. They have the most updated 4d ultrasounds and you get to see the baby every visit! keep in touch. hang in there! your angel will come when it is ready!

Emily said...

I hope all is well Mandy! You will definitely be in our prayers. It's never too late to find a new doctor either. Keep me posted!

Rachael said...

Mandy, I hope everything works out. You guys will be in our prayers. Do you have my number? If you need to talk you can call me.

Kendra said...

I just read your post on Angie's blog. I will be praying for you!! Praying that the God of miracles is at work!!
Also praying for peace, grace and comfort.
A sister in Jesus,
kendra

Tara said...

We love you!! PLease know that if you need to talk we are here. This just plain sucks, and it isn't fair! Our love is with you!

Steve said...

What an emotional rollercoaster! I hope everything is alright. We'll pray for you! Love you!

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

Big hugs and Love Mandy

Alyssa said...

hey mandy! i'm sorry to hear about what your going through. Remember that God knows the beginning to the end. Maybe he is trying to say that you can get pregnant, just now isn't the right timing. But, that is your own revelation. Maybe you should go to the temple and seek for an answer? That's what I do when I have questions or things I don't understand. The lord promised us- that if we ask- he will answer. Maybe just not in the way that we expect.

I have a really great OBGYN... maybe you should check her out. Dr. Cannon at the Women's Avenue Clinic. It's right by LDS hospital. I don't know where you are living, but she is rated one of the best OB's in the country, and also is very experienced with high risk pregnancies, or complications. Not saying that you have any! But, just incase- she's a great doctor. Let me know if you'd like her number. :) Other then that, I'll make sure I keep you in our prayers. :) Good luck!

Britt O. said...

You'll be in my prayers Mandy!! We love you!

David and Kira said...

David is from Houston! Your dogs are studly. They are so cute. I love your blog. I'll be checking it out often.