Saturday, December 20, 2008

SO SCARY!!

Okay, I know I've been mentioning the snow all week. I am a Utah girl at heart so I really love the snow... but today was just scary. I think it snowed all night last night and I know it snowed ALL DAY today. I decided to go run an errand or two and I had several inches of snow piled up all over the car. I nearly lost my fingers to the cold trying to clear all the snow off well enough so I could see. Then I almost got stuck in the driveway. Once I was out on the road I realized how dangerous it was.... I could hardly see anything. The snow obscures everything. Luckily I remembered there was an island in this one spot of road. If I hadn't remembered it I may have found myself high centered.

I just stepped out to get a couple pictures of it. My car is covered again. I was actually worried to let the dogs out for fear they could clear the fence, but I guess I shouldn't worry too much... it's a soft enough snow they just sink right into it. I can't post my pics yet though b/c I can't find the camera cable. But anyway... yeah. what an adventure!! I wish Michael didn't have to drive around in it but he was scheduled to work the first half of his shift tonight. He could've opted out, but being the stubborn and crazy midwesterner he is he figured he could beat the snow... and he did!!! Just hope he is as fortunate on the way home. I sent him with a couple warm blankets, a pillow, and some food though... just in case. You never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow here in utah has been crazy as well. It just seemed to hit all of a sudden.

Kim said...

Replying to your comment, no I am no longer in UT. I am in NV, near Reno. I have lived in Syracuse, and the Salt Lake area. Two of my brothers are still in UT, one in West Valley, and one in Syracuse.