Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 2 of our captivity

5:00 AM Dogs restless, woke me up. Took them out. Fed them early breakfast. Went back to bed.

9:15 AM Dogs restless; got up, woke Michael up. Turned on heaters. House very cold. Ate breakfast. Discussed day's "plans" w/ Michael. Schools all closed, no kindergarten. Lots of ice on roads. Michael playing video games for lack of anything else to do.



I did actually go out last night to return a video to Redbox (though it ended up being late so we still have to pay the extra $1). I was in the Volvo wagon which has a "winter" mode... basically it won't let you accelerate very fast at all so you don't slide all over the place. Every time I would come to a complete stop though, I would slide. Luckily I was braking very slowly and driving very slowly so sliding a couple inches to the right every time I stopped wasn't so scary. But it was really slow going.

As many of my blog readers are from Utah, the concept of everything shutting down for 3 inches of snow is mind-blowing. However, this video beautifully demonstrates why everything shuts down with snow here.

4 comments:

Sammie said...

Oh my gosh! That is crazy!

Krista said...

wow! I've lived in the north most of my life, but never saw anything like this! What state was this in?

Jim and Sue said...

That was really funny!

Crystal said...

I know it has been crazy out there. Suppose to get worse thu the week so be careful..