Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 1 of our captivity

7:45 Woke up. Dead tired. Read scriptures anyway. Got dressed. Let dogs outside. Let dogs back in. Fed them. Did my hair.

8:30 running late. Walked outside into the SNOW!!! Rejoiced a bit!! Noticed the bitter cold. Grabbed winter coat (was only wearing suit jacket). Turned defrost on HIGH and scraped windows. Said goodbye to Michael. Left for Pineda home. Picked up Pinedas. Drove to church. Slid a few times.

8:45? got to church. Was told mtgs. canceled. Returned Pinedas and Hna. Casillas home. Didn't slide around (driving 25 mph). Drove back home. CAPTIVITY BEGINS!!!

Okay. That was silly, I know. But I thought it sounded like a captive's diary. :) Here in Oregon, the most minute amount of snow shuts EVERYTHING down. We woke up to snow--not even enough to cover all the grass--and church was canceled. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do. Michael stayed at the church to work on his calling for a little bit, though it's been an hour and a half now, I hope he gets home soon!! Granted, I'm not complaining about the snow... strangely enough, I have realized that I LOVE SNOW!!! Yes, it's true. Maybe it's just the fact that I live in Oregon and I don't see much of the fluffy white stuff anymore... maybe I just miss it. But I heard on the news that there might be snow today, and when I saw that was true, I was ecstatic!!! I don't even know why I like it so much, I don't really play in it, I haven't been snowboarding since I was 14, it's not really fun to drive in (well I guess you get a little bit of a rush when you slide around... at least I do, but it's mixed with panic), and it's really cold. But... I love it. Maybe it's just that December doesn't feel like December without it, to me. Anyway, can't have snow without pictures, so here they are!!!


View out the front door


Our "backyard" (it's really on the side of the house, not in back)


Our ginormous cherry tree. I know the fence behind it looks weird,
we had to replace some boards and the new ones weren't all the same height.

I was trying to get a picture of the snow falling, that's why there's another one of the cherry tree.


Oh, and this was Nacho's first snow experience!!! The dogs had fun playing out in the snow with me.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Yeah for snow! Everything shuts down here too with just a tiny bit of snow. It might snow this week over here...here's hoping!

Tara said...

awesome!! I wish everything down here would get shut down with that much snow...

Jim and Sue said...

As you know, NOTHING shuts down here for snow and we have a goodly amount of the white stuff right now, too! It helps set the mood for the holidays though.

Emily said...

Sometimes I wish everything would shut down for snow here, but I think it would take 6 feet for anyone to even take notice.

hoLLY said...

that's funny that everything shuts down up there when it snows, here in Utah as you know it could be a Blizzard and everything is still the same!