Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Anniversary!!!

So, Michael and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary yesterday!! I really can't believe that it has already been two years.... but at the same time it feels like we've been together our whole lives. We had a really nice, relaxed day. I made Michael breakfast in bed and while we ate we watched the movie Fool's Gold. I loved it!! It was an action/romance/comedy, 3 of my favorite genres. Unfortunately we got interrupted about 5 times during the movie by the phone, so it took more like 3 hours to watch instead of 2. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed it.

Oh, one of the things that interrupted our movie was the arrival of my anniversary present by way of UPS. Michael bought me something I'd been wanting for a long time... a Scentsy warmer and candle bars!!! His cousin's wife Melanie sells them. I'm not a huge fan of candles, but I like having my house smell very nice!! These are better than candles because there isn't an actual flame, they are heated by a low wattage light bulb. If you are interested, e-mail her at amwinsor8@gmail.com and let her know I sent you.

After we finished the movie around noon, we went out and vacuumed out our cars, and washed the insides of the windows. For the last few weeks we've been hauling our dogs around in the Focus, so they got fur all over the seats and nose marks and slobber all over the windows. The awesome shop vac that Mike found at Goodwill made the job a lot quicker!! While he finished vacuuming I watered the lawn and the garden, and then we came in and had lunch. Then he did homework and I napped. Okay... not the most romantic afternoon, but it was nice. We got some worthwhile things accomplished. :)

Then we went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner... The Olive Garden. I had the Ravioli di Portobello, and Michael had the Stuffed Chicken Marsala. Then for dessert we had my favorite thing... the thing I always look forward to when I go to The Olive Garden.....Black Tie Mousse Cake!! It was a wonderful meal. :)

Then...... I begged Michael to let us go to the pet store. I had my eye on a couple of really cute pups there. There is one dog there, I don't remember what breed he is, but he is colored like a skunk!! It's hilarious!!! There is an adorable Japanese Chin there, as well as one of my favorite breeds... the Silky Terrier. So I did something bad.... I asked to hold the little Silky. And when I picked him up, he melted my heart, of course. He was shivering and scared, so I held him close and petted him. After awhile he stopped shaking and started giving me kisses. So I admit... I am in love, and though I already have two dogs, I am really thinking about going back for the little Silky!!! Sadly we are currently totally broke, so by the time we have the money he may be gone. :( But I actually have a part time job now (I start Monday) so maybe I can save up for him! hehehe!

So after we got home from the pet store, we watched the movie Corky Romano. Then we called it a night. All in all, it was a really fun, relaxing day. I'm looking forward to many more wonderful years with my husband!!! :D

Oh, and in case it isn't totally obvious, I just figured out today how to add links to posts, so I went a little link happy!!!

4 comments:

Gilraen, Mother of Aragorn said...

Happy anniversary, Miranda! It sounds like a perfect day to me. May you be blessed with 30,000 more!

Dana

Gilraen, Mother of Aragorn said...

btw, you may not want to read my Gilraen blog -- it's got WAY TOO MUCH information! LOL

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

YAAAAY!!! Happy Anniversary! You are SO cute! As was Michael trying to be all sneaky about ordering you a warmer. lol. Do you so LOVE it? Yay! Thanks for the Scentsy plug. lol. Love you guys!