I have actually had a really nice weekend so far. It's nice to have a break from work for a couple days. I didn't get to sleep in this morning, unfortunately, although I sure tried. That's the bad thing about letting the dogs sleep in the room with me. I am a light sleeper, and the minute one of them rolls over I am wide awake. Usually the dogs will actually sleep in the bed with me while Mike is gone, but since we got Nacho I am not letting them sleep in the bed with me until he is fully house broken. I refuse to remove them from our room until Mike's weekend begins tomorrow. I do not do this being home alone at night thing so well, even though I've done it for the last two years.
But there is good news!!! Yes!!! After two years of 12 hour night shifts in slave labor for Intel, Michael is finally going to be moving to day shift!!! I wish you could see me doing a little happy dance, or hear me shouting "woo hoo!!!" But you will just have to imagine it. My new income will more than compensate for the 12% pay cut we have to eat with the move to day shift.
As you may have noticed, if you are a regular visitor here, my list of fellow blogging buddies continues growing. I have found TONS of my cousins on here recently.... it's really exciting for me, because I have a lot of amazing cousins, but I probably wouldn't keep in touch with them much if it weren't for Facebook and blogs. So, I want to just give a "shout out" to all my cousin "peeps". Not all of the people on my list are my cousins, so I will also give a "shout out" to all my friends and siblings as well. Yeehaw!! hehe...
The next thing I want to address is something cool I read about on my cousin Angel's blog. One of her friends invited her to share the top 10 music albums that have influenced/shaped her life. For those who don't know, music is a HUGE deal to me (although sadly I had to remove my playlist because it stopped playing one of the songs then I went to fix it and just had a bunch of problems). I would listen to music ALL THE TIME if it were possible. So I am excited and going to start thinking a lot about the ten albums that have influenced my life the most. This is going to be one of the most fun yet challenging things I've had to think about.
Speaking of music, everybody who loves music should check out Pandora. It is a great way to listen to music of the same genre, and there are no commercials! (just your typical online picture ads). I personally have 14 different stations, including Collective Soul, Jimmy Eat World, Keane, OK Go, and the Beatles, among others. You can give a thumbs up to songs you like, or a thumbs down and it will never play that song again for you. It's great because if your mood changes while you're listening you can just change your station. I love it.
Well, I think I am going to go ogle my Ikea catalog and maybe circle all the things I want in sparkly purple pen and think about how many of my paychecks it will take to get those things. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. As always, thanks for stopping by!!!
1 comment:
I have to say, I'm pretty excited to have so many cousins blogging now too! It really is the best, it's fun to keep up with friends, but even better with family!
Post a Comment