I am working on a bunch of new crafty stuff! You could even say I have my hands full with all these new projects I am working on. As I previously mentioned, I am trying to learn to crochet some hats (for baby E), and I am also playing around with drawing up my own patterns for clothing (a dress for baby E). I also found a tutorial for making baby shoes (for E of course... see a trend?!). So I am working on all of those things right now. So far the hat is not going great (I think it's big enough it could fit me...), the dress is going "okay," and the shoes are also going "okay." I got one of the shoes all sewn up and figured out one or two things to do differently on the second shoe. I am really anxious to try the shoe on her and see how it fits! It will have to wait until she wakes up tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures, especially if they turn out nice and fit her well! And if not, I have an excessive amount of fabric, I can just keep trying again until I get them right! :)
Edit: I found one of E's shoes (size two, she is now size three), and the shoe I made is quite a bit smaller than it. :( I am not sure if the pattern itself needs a tweak, or if I need to put things together a little differently, but it is a bit disappointing. However, as I said, I have PLENTY of fabric to play around with, and I'm not scared of making mistakes! I will just keep trying until I get a finished product I am happy with. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment