Thursday, October 18, 2012

Food Experiments

Crafting and sewing are not the only things I've been experimenting with lately. I am anxious to try things in the kitchen I have never done before. Eventually I want to do big things like canning and making most things from scratch, but I am starting small. I thought I would try fruit leather. I did it once a few weeks ago, and it didn't turn out well. It was okay, but not great. But I am not giving up, I will try until it works! I tried to spread the mixture out more evenly so it wouldn't have burned edges and a gooey middle like last time. I also ran it through a strainer to remove the strawberry seeds. I have my oven set to the lowest possible heat (well, it has an option for "warm," I have it set to two hundred). I plan to let it cook for at least twelve hours. I will try to remember to post how it turns out! Plus if it looks pretty good I can post pictures. :)

No comments: