Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthday Boohoo

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but birthdays just aren't very fun anymore. I didn't sleep too well last night, because it would seem I have a sick baby. E has issues with dairy--I can't eat even the smallest amount of it, or she gets barfy, gassy, and really badly congested to the point she can hardly breathe. I had a couple of chocolates last Tuesday, and E has been paying the price ever since. Yesterday her normal congestion got worse, and of course she fights the nasal aspirator like it's some kind of torture. So anyway, she spent the night hardly able to breathe. I suspect she is coming down with a cold. Then this morning when I got up with her (she is an early bird--6:45 today), I heard N coughing in his room. Not a fun way to start my birthday. We are having company over for dinner, which means I'll spend the day attempting to get the house clean, but will probably mostly just be trying to keep a fussy baby happy, and keep a noisy, messy toddler from tearing up the house behind me as I go. I know it's all just part of being a mom, and I wouldn't trade my kids for anything. But this mom stuff is really hard. Anyway, when did birthdays become just another day? Sometimes being an adult is so boring! I found myself spending much of my childhood wishing I were all grown up, and now that I am, I wish I had enjoyed my childhood more. I guess now the important thing is to really enjoy my children's childhoods. I'll find a way to make it a fun day in spite of boring adult stuff!

No comments: