Thursday, July 2, 2009

I SURVIVED!!!!

Well, I wasn't sure if I'd last all 5 days at young women camp, but I made it!!! I stayed all 5 days at camp!!! Granted, I was very blessed for being there, where I was needed. I didn't throw up once while I was there (though I threw up right before I left, and on Sunday after I'd been home a couple days, and have been throwing up since. Coincidence that I didn't throw up at camp? I don't think so). I was able to eat all the meals that were prepared without getting sick or anything. I did take a lot of naps though, but luckily I had a good group of girls that made life fairly easy on me by not staying up too late giggling all night. LOL.

It was actually far more enjoyable than my campouts as a YW were. I suppose you could partially attribute that to the fact that we had cabins and beds (well, I had a cot, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable), and we got 3 good square meals a day plus snacks. Okay, okay, so that isn't even real camping, but it sure made life pleasant, especially for the pregnant lady.

One kinda funny thing about the camp experience was that not many people in our stake know me, so they didn't realize I was one of the YW leaders. Many of the adults (and some of the YW) thought I was a YW!! I guess they didn't see my pregnant tummy because I mostly wore baggy t-shirts that didn't show it off well. So I got all sorts of funny looks when I wouldn't participate in the YW activities and things, and I got some very surprised looks when I explained that the reason I wasn't participating in those activities is because I'm not one of the YW!!

Interestingly, on that note, I noticed that some of the adults treated me very differently once they found out that I was a leader and not one of the girls. I felt like, when they thought I was one of the YW, they didn't treat me as respectfully. It really bothered me, and made me think!! I need to remember to treat my own YW with respect!!

I had my fair share of disasters and frustrations as well, but that is all to be expected. I learned a LOT of important things in planning and carrying out camp stuff this year. And I had fun!!! So I'd say it was a success!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

glad you made it thru! & with no puking-- that really is a blessing! :) welcome back!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear it went pretty well! I just did some counting, you're 13 weeks today right!?!?!!?!?!!! Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Erinn~ said...

Any day that is puke-free is a blessing. :-)

Amanda said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, and NO MORNING SICKNESS!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You made it! I understand everyone thinking that you were a young women...Our first year of marriage I was called as the stake camp director person in Orem...it was so nuts! I was only 20!! Good job though, and I am so so excited about the baby on the way! :)

Emily said...

I have to admit that I am a little jealous reading about all the fun times people had at girls camp this year. Makes me wish I was in the young womens. Glad you did so well!