Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks pregnant!!! I can hardly believe I have made it this far!!! And for some reason, the second trimester (which begins around 13 weeks) seems to be flying by!! It's kind of weird, because to me the first trimester just dragged, and the first two weeks you aren't technically pregnant, and I didn't find out until about 5 weeks, so I was already well into the first tri before I even knew I was pregnant. But anyway, here I am, almost HALFWAY through my pregnancy!!! It's really exciting!!! And scary, because I realize that at the end of all of this, the little thing inside me has to come out, and it won't be so little by then. But I know it will be SO worth it!!
I am trying my hardest to remember what many have advised me--to enjoy my pregnancy. That may sound strange to some people, because often pregnancy seems to be a time of extreme discomfort, sickness, and sometimes even pain. Oh, and hunger and crankiness!!! But I am really trying to enjoy it... I think it's easier to enjoy now that I'm not throwing up every day (though it still happens once in awhile, but I don't mind so much). And it's so fun to look down and see my growing belly. I can't wait to feel the little guy or gal moving and kicking in there!!! I suspected I felt it a few times a couple weeks ago, but I haven't felt again it in awhile.
So, to answer some of the frequent questions I have been getting...
We do not yet know if it is a boy or a girl (and please don't ask me if I know what I am having, I might just tell you I am having a puppy).
We do want to find out gender, but don't have the ultrasound scheduled yet. I'm hoping the midwife will help us schedule it at our next appointment on Monday.
We are working on figuring out names, but we aren't really disclosing them publicly yet. I figure we don't need to share until we have settled on something. :)
I am hoping to get my sweet hubby to take another picture of my tummy tomorrow so be on the lookout for it!! I'll post it here as well as on my baby website and Facebook profile.
Thank you everyone for your kind words, prayers, and support!!! We have really appreciated it!!!
6 comments:
YAY! I'm so happy things are going well for you!
17 weeks!! woo-hoo!!!! :)
Congrats Mandy! Yes, definitely enjoy your pregnancy! Especially when you start feeling them move more. As amazing and wonderful as it is when they come out, you sometimes miss being able to feel them inside you. Being a mommy is so much fun, and I know you'll be great! Have fun and I can't wait until your little guy/gal is here! :)
Wow, 17 weeks already!?!!? YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see that growing belly! I just LOVE belly pictures!
Ooooh, and I can't wait to hear about that little one movin and groovin all day (and night!) long!!!
Happy, happy!
I am so so excited that all is going well with the pregnancy! You are so fun and I love to hear the updates! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Post a Comment