Michael recently started a new diet and I was anxious to share it with my bloggy friends and family. It's not very well known, but it works better than anything I've ever seen. Michael lost two and a half pounds in a week!! It's called the Portion Control and Regular Exercise diet. Basically, you eat (healthy foods) until you are no longer hungry (NOT to be confused with eating until you are so full you cannot take another bite). If you think you are just a little bit hungry after your meal, try an apple or some carrots. The other part of the diet is exercising. I know it sounds complicated, but it's really quite simple; a brisk 15 minute walk would even do the trick. It's truly a miraculous diet!!!
Okay, so I had to joke around about this just a bit. The truth is, losing weight is not easy. There is no magic pill or food to help you lose weight. It is all about self-control and positive attitude. And work. Yes, losing weight actually requires work and planning, contrary to our nation's popular beliefs. It isn't easy to cut back on portion sizes. And it isn't easy to get in the habit of exercising. But it is oh-so-worth-it!!! I'm really proud of my hubby!!! Now I need to follow his lead!!! I have been eating more fruits and veggies lately, so that is a start for me!!! We now both have nice in-line skates to go skating together... we are just waiting for some nicer weather to try them out in!!!
5 comments:
i had to laugh when i read about michael's "diet"! congrats on losing weight to him, & even bigger congrats bc he's doing it the healthy way that should actually LAST, unlike all those random diets. i totally plan on trying out your "diet" after the dudes make their big arrival!
Good for you guys! Its amazing how good healthy eating and exercise make you feel!
You are too cute!! lol
wow! thats great , good for you guys!
You are too funny. I am a big fan of the drinking a little glass of water before eating a meal. It works for me.
Post a Comment