Thursday, February 12, 2009

I have to say this... I am blessed.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, about lots of different things. But there is one thing that keeps popping into my head, so I think I should say something about it. Recently, several of my friends have confided their marital problems in me. I never really know what to say to them. I can't even imagine walking in their shoes. And it really makes me think... I am so glad I am not in their shoes, and I hope I never will be. This last week I have realized just how blessed I truly am to have such a wonderful husband. Michael takes such good care of me. He is so selfless. He helps out so much around the house. He seldom complains when I ask him to do something for me. He picks up the reins if I let them slack and takes charge of dinner, dishes, laundry, or whatever he sees that needs doing. He is very observant that way. He is kind and patient. He can make friends with almost anyone, even some of his less likable co-workers. He works hard to bring home the bacon, and seldom complains about his crummy schedule. He is going to school full-time, and managing to get incredible grades. He supports me in my church duties (he basically gave the fireside I was supposed to give on Sunday since I seemed to be completely tongue tied) and works hard to complete his own church duties as well. He's certainly not the man I married--he's even better!!! I don't know how it's possible, but I am even more in love with him than when we got married. He makes me so happy. I'm sorry if this is too mushy or cheesy for anyone, but I just had to show my appreciation for my wonderful husband. I am so blessed. It's unfortunate that it sometimes takes me seeing what I have that other people don't have, to remember to be thankful. But I am glad for the reminder. My husband rocks.

And I just realized something as I was typing this--3 years ago Sunday (the 8th) was the day Michael proposed to me. I know, 3 years isn't a very long time, but it feels like I have been with him forever (but not a bad forever, like in The Sandlot. it's definitely a good forever). We had a joke when we first got married, one of us would say to the other, "There's no one I'd rather be stuck with." So Michael, there's no one else I'd rather be stuck with. I picked the long straw when I got you!!!