One of my goals this year is to get in better shape (and get my dogs in shape too!), and I've been looking for roller blades (a fairly dog friendly activity!). I have been trying to find some at Goodwill. Michael loves that I am looking for roller blades, because he loves any excuse for a trip to Goodwill. There is a specific Goodwill somewhat near our house that sells things in huge bins, and they sell stuff by the pound. With most larger items, however, they sell by the item and not by the pound. Anyway, they didn't have any roller blades, but they
did have a ginormous TV... for $30. Michael and I have a decent chunk of money for "free spending," courtesy of our generous grandparents. So Michael decided to buy the insanely huge TV. Now, it comes with a hitch or two... he had to splice the plug cord because the plug had been cut off, and he will have to fix some internal stuff because the picture is kind of funny. But Michael loves a "project toy" to fix and play with. I'm not quite sure why I agreed to let him get it... our house is ten sizes too small to fit a TV like that. But it
was a good deal... and it was his Christmas money. I, on the other hand, found myself a really amazing steal... at least, I thought it was. I got an aeROBIC Rider for $2... yes, TWO DOLLARS. Let me show you what the aeROBIC Rider is, in case you don't know.

No, it may not be amazing exercise equipment (and mine doesn't have the timer/calorie counter thingy on it), but for two dollars... seriously, what person with a new years resolution to get in shape could pass up this deal?!
Now I just need to find and buy the second, third, and fourth seasons of
House, M.D. to watch while I exercise. And maybe
The Office. I'm still looking for roller blades, too. :)
2 comments:
So, your 2 dollar exer-rider thingie will end up costing about 150 to 200 after you buy the HOUSE seasons;)
Seriously though.
I'm glad you got such a great deal! I haven't been to my local (local as in 30 minutes away) goodwill in some time, I should go, both to drop stuff off, and get new stuff.
~~hugs~~
wow! That is a great deal! I'm so jealous. I never find anything good at my Goodwill's.
Post a Comment