For Christmas Michael and I got $50 in gift cards to Barnes & Noble. Not only is that an awesome gift, but Barnes & Noble makes a great date night!! We both get to spend a little time together (although we tend to wander off on our own to find what we are really interested in) and we both get to do (er, read about) what we like. I bought 3 books, Marley & Me, Real Food for Dogs, and A Dog Book. Do you see a theme here? Not me...... :)
Real Food has a lot of great recipes you can make with (mostly) regular ingredients. Let me give you an example: Beans and Bacon Stir-Fry calls for bacon, kidney beans, carrots, garlic, celery, parsley, apple vinegar, and pepper. The recipes have all been vet-approved. Supposedly eating real food is healthier for dogs. I find it to be an interesting read, and the illustrations are hilarious. I'm really looking forward to trying some of these recipes!!! Some of them might actually be reasonably yummy for Michael & me too, though I will be staying far away from Gotta Have Heart (with beef hearts) and Leap for Liver.
Marley & Me is a true story written by John Grogan (and turned into a movie starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston--haven't seen it yet). So far I am really enjoying it. It's really funny and heartwarming. Cheesy, but it really is. :) With my 3 crazy dogs I can really relate to the story.
A Dog Book says it has stories, poetry, recipes, care, training, games, and humor. I haven't looked at it much yet but I think it should be an interesting read. Maybe I'll get back to you on it.
4 comments:
I love Barnes and Noble...The one at the gateway has games of scrabble just out on tables that you can play. I think you have inspired our next date night!
Wandering through Barnes and Noble is one of my favorite ways to spend an hour or two. Let me recommend the book "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner. Stephanie and I just finished it and we loved it!
Marley and Me makes me sob everytime I read it. It came out at the same time we had to put our yellow lab/retriever down.
But good book choices!
Nate and I like to wander around Barnes and Noble too, though having the kids with us makes our trips a little more frazzled than relaxed. Still fun anyway.
Post a Comment