....my new church calling!!!! About 3 weeks ago my branch president called me into his office. I tried to squash that panicky feeling that always accompanies a visit to Presidente's office. For some reason I always worry that I did something horrible and am about to get in big trouble--which has never been the case. It's one of those silly fears that don't have any logical reason behind them. He gave me my new call and then told me I couldn't say anything until he got back from his business trip. Of course, I did tell my husband (I don't keep anything from him) and my mom.
Presidente just got back a couple of days ago so I was finally officially called today. Oh, I guess I haven't even told you what my new calling is yet, have I? Well my old calling was second counselor in the Young Women's presidency. I enjoyed that calling a lot, but I am really looking forward to my new calling, because it's where the Lord really needs me. Still haven't told you yet, have I? Ha ha.... I just had to draw it out a little to build the suspense. Yo soy la nueva presidenta del programa de las Mujeres Jovenes en la Rama del Valle de Tualatin. Oh, and for those who don't speak Spanish, I'm the new YW president for the Tualatin Valley Branch!! I am so excited but also very nervous and scared. I know there is SO much to do, I have a huge responsibility to these girls, their parents, and their future families. My first responsibility was to pick counselors and a secretary. It was harder than I'd imagined; I still haven't even picked out my secretary yet. I should probably try to have one picked out by next Sunday; maybe even before Sunday so they can announce it in church that day. Our first presidency meeting is this Thursday, so I guess we'll see how we all work together as a team. I am really looking forward to this.
4 comments:
What lucky young women to have you for their leader. Good luck with it!
That's awesome! You'll do a great job!
AWESOME! I bet you would be amazing at it! Yay!!
Thanks for looking at our blog. Yea, I met my husband at the Y the first day I got there. Where did you meet your cute wife? We live in Lehi. I am glad we can keep in touch, I miss everyone from the mission. April
Post a Comment