Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lots of things... it's a long one!

I'm going to try to be better about posting, I think I'll try for once a week. :)

So, within the last week or so, N has started really holding on to things. He's done that with my hair from the very beginning, but now he's doing it with other things as well. Today he grabbed on to the wrapper from my fruit snacks and started waving it around. I've also begun encouraging him to hold on to stuffed animals. I have this cute stuffed dog with long skinny limbs and ears that are perfect for grabbing onto!! I took a bit of video of him playing with it and talking to it (yes, he is incredibly talkative!). I'll post that soon, hopefully tomorrow. Also, he yells in his sleep. It seriously cracks me up.

Sewing projects.... I have quite a pile of them now, thanks to that huge sale at JoAnn's, and the fact that I had lots of coupons. :) I am going to be making myself a patriotic-themed skirt, a patriotic button-up shirt for N, nursing covers for myself and my sis-in-law, and of course the cloth wipes I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I also got patterns for baby-carriers. One is a sling style, and the other is a Mei Tai (I think that's what they're called, anyway). It sure is fun to make my own clothes and things!

Lately people have been asking me when I'll be going back to school. I think I will plan to go back starting in September. I will be taking cell biology as a pre-requisite to apply for the veterinary technician program at my school. You may be scratching your head and wondering how many times I have changed majors now... I'm wondering that too! For now though I really am sticking with this one. I truly love animals, and I really think this is something I am capable of. I actually found a different program I would love to get into, but it involves a lot of math, science, and--gulp--electronics, so I am thinking I should stick to the vet tech thing... though I will be researching the other program, you know, just in case. ;) The bad thing about the vet tech program is that, since I wasn't able to get into the bio class last fall, it postponed me being able to get into the program for a whole year, so I won't even get to start until Fall 2011. Oh well, this is the way it'll have to be. The other thing I have to do to get into the program is observe various veterinary procedures. I saw a dental cleaning procedure, which was pretty interesting... I'm just waiting on the office manager at my vet office to call me in to see some other stuff (Carrie, if you're reading this, hint hint ;) ).

As for my hubby, well, he is crazy busy. Or maybe just crazy. ;) Seriously though, I am so proud of him for doing all the great things he is doing. He just got a huge promotion and a raise at work. He is close to graduating with a double BS (electrical engineering and electronics engineering technology--pretty similar, but some companies prefer one over the other, and he wanted to have options). He recently began his own business doing rehabilitative technology (he helps disabled people improve their quality of life and work by helping them get equipment that is tailored for them; sometimes that means making equipment from scratch!). He takes his church responsibilities seriously. But most importantly, he is a wonderful husband and father. He is really good about putting down the huge pile of homework to make dinner, change a diaper, or just hold N so I can get a break (and so they can have male bonding time, hehe!). I am lucky to have this incredible guy!!

Okay, since it's after 12, I guess I should hit the sack... thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, busy, busy! I was wondering where you ran off to!

Tabor Yen Smith said...

Thanks for the update! I too was wondering how you guys and N were doing. I'm glad to hear everything is well! :)

Brandi said...

I love the MNM's! I wish my blog was as cute and informative as yours is. Hope all's well.

electromdc said...

aww. Thanks for saying those nice things.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on...but in a good way!