From here on out, I will be referring to my son as "N." Thus the new blog address, get it? :)
N started wearing his 3 month clothes at 7 weeks, I wasn't expecting that! He will be moving up into the next size of cloth diapers very soon, too. Yes, we cloth diaper him, and no, it's not that hard!! We love it, actually. Mike likes the money savings, and I like that N's skin doesn't have constant contact with icky chemicals, as well as how good it is for the environment! I admit, I am a bit of a tree hugger. Now I just need to make cloth wipes, because we still spend way too much money on the disposable ones, and that's no good for the environment. I have the fabric already (flannel for one side of the wipe, velour for the other side), I just have to cut and sew. Cutting and pinning has to be the worst part of sewing.
Speaking of sewing, I just finished a project. Hooray!! I start so many projects but don't always finish them (remember this? Yes, it's sitting in a box somewhere, cut out and ready to sew...), so I was pretty proud of myself for completing this one. My brother and his wife just had a baby, so I decided to make a flannel blanket for him. The flannel was on sale, and what seamstress can resist fabric on sale?! ;) Anyway, the blanket is far from perfect, as you will probably notice, but I loved the fabric. My brother loves robots, so when I saw this I got it with him and his baby in mind.





So that's what we've been up to!! I'll post pictures of the wipes when I've finished them. Thanks for stopping by!!


7 comments:
As Liam would say... ROBOTS!
Cute blankie!! And I agree - cutting and pinning is THE WORST.
So glad to see you blogging again! :) Missed you!!!
Very cute!
Cute blanket im sure ur nephew will enjoy it no matter if it isnt perfect. I started M a quilt before he was born and yeap it still isnt finished but some day maybe
Hi! I love the blanky...need to check the mail soon! Thanks sis!
I love the pictures and the blanky is sweet! I bet Jeff will love it!
Post a Comment