Friday, April 17, 2009

....because 3 posts in one day just isn't enough

I thought I'd write another quick one just to mention this:

Everyone keeps asking how the adoption thing is going for us. I would like to say thanks for asking. It's great to know so many people care. To answer that question, I will say this: we are in phase 2 of a five phase process. It seems they want to know every little detail of our lives, so we spend a LOT of time filling out the papers to answer all these questions the best that we can. We are both down to one last online "paper," the questionnaire. Those of you who have filled these out (shout-out to Tara and Julie!!) know they are looooong and very time consuming. But, as far as I can tell, this is the last of the phase 2 paperwork. Oh, we are also waiting to hear back from Utah, Idaho, Wisconsin, and of course Oregon (all states one or both of us lived in within the last 5 years) as they have to do complete background checks on us.

Oh, hold on, I just checked our thingy and it looks like we may still have some offline documents (actual papers) to complete, as well as the questionnaires and pre-homestudy review and submission. But we're chugging right along!!

The next phase is the Profile and Preferences phase. That's when we create an online profile for potential birthparents to look at. We will also in great detail explain what type of child we are hoping/looking for (i.e. specific gender, race, any special needs we're okay with, etc.) Then phase 4 is "Finding your Child" and phase 5 is PLACEMENT!!

So there you have it, ladies and any gents who may be reading. The answer to the burning question, "How's the adoption process going?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear an update!! I've been wondering how it was going! Keep us update! I'm praying for you!

Kim said...

Thank you for the update! I also was wondering but didn't know if it was one of those off limit questions.

Your UT trip post, you could sign up for something lke dropshots and link people to the photos only adding the really cool ones to the blog.

Kate said...

thanks for the update mandy! i've been wondering but didn't want to bug you :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! So glad to hear you're moving right along! Many many prayers that the next 3 steps are fast and beautiful!
Shelley