Friday, August 22, 2008

Crashing at the end of a fun but tiring day...

Right now I am relaxing in bed with Grover as I type this (Frida and Nacho can't always handle being on the bed). Yes, it is only 9:06 on a Friday night... the night is still young... but I am pooped. I'm not sure just why I'm so tired, but my day was a pretty interesting one...

I had work at 8 this morning, and I got right to work on the project I left off with yesterday. After I had completed a few sets of the shirts, my boss and I discovered something--the clothing company had sent us the wrong shirts!!! They were supposed to send all youth sizes, but the polos were all adult sized!! So I had probably spent a total of 6 hours embroidering the wrong shirts!!! We are hoping the clothing company will take the hit financially--they did send the wrong items. However we may end up taking the financial hit because we didn't notice it until we had already almost embroidered the whole entire set. They can't exactly take the shirts back and sell them now!! Plus we took a major hit on the clock--I wasted 6 hours working on those when I could've been completing other things. It was pretty frustrating for us. But fortunately we are all a pretty light-hearted, fun group. My boss loves to joke around with us, and one of my other co-workers is my very good friend Cari. My co-worker that is on vacation is Rosie, Cari's mother-in-law.

Anyways... after a rather unproductive afternoon at work (having worked on the wrong project all morning really threw my productivity off), Jackie (the boss) let me off half an hour early to hang out with Cari. Cari and I haven't done anything as friends outside of work in a LONG time, so it was really nice to spend time together this afternoon. We went to her in-laws' house to pick up her dog Donnee (a 1 year old Daschund/Rat Terrier mix) and then headed to my house. Donnee never had much chance to be socialized with other dogs as a puppy, and so now he gets terrified of them and freaks out. Well, when we got Nacho, Cari saw this as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone--get Donnee over his fear and aggressive issues, and to socialize Nacho. Donnee seems to do better with any animal (or person) that is a baby. We'd socialized them a few times before today (Donnee has to wear a muzzle) but it had been a long time since they played together so we weren't sure how they'd do. I brought Nacho out in the yard, and Cari walked Donnee over and came through the gate. They remembered each other just fine, and started up right where they left off. We made some really good progress today--we finally got to take Donnee's muzzle off!! And... Donnee and Nacho were actually playing and having fun together!!! That was pretty exciting, I know Cari was especially pleased. For our next play session, we want to introduce Grover into the picture. He's a pretty mellow guy who will just do his own thing and not harrass the little dog who has anger issues. :)

By the end of the play session we were all pretty hungry so I fed the dogs and Cari, Mike and I started dinner. Mike made pancakes from scratch and added fresh blueberries--it was amazing!! I topped mine with cream cheese and brown sugar. Might sound weird but it is delicious!! He also made fresh "BOP" (banana, orange, pineapple) juice the other day so we drank some of that to wash it all down. Then Mike had to go to work, and Cari's husband Andy came to pick her up, so it's just me and the dogs again. I am probably going to just cuddle up with the book I'm reading (Sarah: Women of Genesis by Orson Scott Card) and call it a night. Maybe I'll catch Frasier in half an hour too... if I can stay awake that long.

1 comment:

hoLLY said...

we are glad you found us, can we add you to our friends list?