Soooo.... It's been almost a month since I've made a post.... my apologies!!! Things got kind of chaotic at work, because one of my co-workers left on vacation to Mexico so I got bumped up to a full-time work load. The bad thing of course is that I hardly have time to do anything besides work, but the good thing is the MONEY!!! My paycheck Friday was over $500! (Okay so that probably doesn't sound like much, but it's a pretty huge deal to me!! He he). My co-worker will be gone until like the 28th so until then I am busy all the time!! Our weekends are always chaotic, too. Just last Saturday we attempted to watch the annual Oregon Air Show in the morning (I say attempted because we ended up having so many other things to do that we just had to watch what we could as we drove around town). Then at 1 we had a wedding in the branch of a couple who wants to get baptized (the rule in our church is if you live together and are committed to each other, you have to be married before you can be baptized into our church). Shortly after the wedding we had a mission activity (soccer game) for whoever wanted to come, and then later we got invited to Ammon and Lisa's house (Mike's bro & sis-in-law) for her birthday dinner.
Yesterday I slept in until 7:30 AM (ha ha!) and then packed the dogs up for our church's youth group activity to the beach!! It was Nacho's first time at the beach, and he seemed to enjoy swimming in the ocean (keep in mind the rest of us were mostly just wading... hehe). Grover was a blast to watch actually; I believe it was only his second time at the beach, but he was REALLY enjoying himself.... you could say he was really getting into it!!! What I mean is... He was actually diving in and just ROLLING around in the waves that washed up onshore!!! I pulled him out of the ocean when he started drinking it though!! :) The weather was PERFECT for the beach; it was cooking near 100 in Hillsboro, but out on Cannon Beach (yes, that's where Haystack Rock from Goonies is) it was not too hot, but warm enough to be perfectly comfortable, with a cool breeze. Of course with all that sun and the fact I forgot to bring our sunscreen, we did end up getting burned, but we put Aloe Vera on it when we got home, so we're feeling pretty good today.
The activity itself was, I thought, a bit of a disaster. We got to the beach and this large group of youth just dispersed themselves all over the beach. They weren't following the rules we had set up at all. I can't completely blame them; they weren't given a specific agenda, because the leaders who set the trip up didn't have much of a plan (I'm not trying to criticize them; I, too, am often guilty of having a good idea but not planning it thoroughly enough) so the youth got bored. However, had I been in charge I would have enforced some serious consequences for the rule-breaking: I would've packed them up and shipped them home early. When they don't suffer consequences of their mistakes, they're going to continue making the same mistake. But anyways....
Today we had church from 9-12 (but I had to be there at 8:30 because there is a lady who always needs a ride and she has an early meeting before church starts) and then choir practice right after. We got the afternoon for napping (well actually I was making this post on the laptop in bed where I.... fell asleep, hehe). Then my mom called and woke me up (good thing too, I didn't plan to nap this afternoon... though I apparently needed it :) ) and we had a good long chat. Then we had a baptism to attend at 5:30. I made the programs and played the piano, and Michael, as branch mission leader, conducted the meeting which took place in English and Spanish, as the young man's stepfather is American and his mother is Hispanic. There was a large congregation, which is always nice to have at baptisms. When Michael and I got home, we cooked up some dinner (mm, leftover night!) and microwaved s'mores for dessert. Now we are relaxing, and I'm just enjoying my precious last hours before I have to go back to slavery... I mean, work!!! ha ha. I love my job... it's just been hard since my co-worker went on vacation!! I am counting down the days until she gets back. There are 10 days, in case you were wondering :)
No comments:
Post a Comment