I have once again neglected my blog, so it's time to catch up!! I had temporarily re-activated my Facebook account, so I guess that's why I began neglecting the blog again. The reason I re-activated my FB was to let everyone know the good news we got at our ultrasound. We are expecting a very healthy baby!! We are, of course, thrilled to know that things are looking so good and developing properly. I was really nervous that they might find some heart defect or something really horrible, but nope!! All is well. And you know what else?....
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I must confess. I was surprised. So surprised, in fact, that I was in denial. I think part of the problem was that I had a really hard time seeing what the tech was talking about when she showed us the "money shot," because I couldn't see... well, anything. And I know when I look at most of the other pictures what the obvious body parts are... skull, brain, spine, ribs, arms, legs, etc. But I couldn't see anything that looked even like a baby in that particular angle (I will post the picture when I am on my other computer). So I asked the MD who came in after the tech if he would check again for the gender. And do you know what happened? When he tried to get a look, I felt a huge SLAM against the wand. I got the feeling this kiddo had had enough and wasn't about to show us the goods again. So I guess she is modest! *giggle* I have had a week to get used to the idea of having a girl, and I really couldn't be more excited. As my sweet husband pointed out, now I have someone to play Barbies with!! I just worry, because I really don't know what to do with girls. I have a LOT of nephews, and not very many nieces. But I am sure we will figure it out!
She has started moving around quite a bit, and I can already tell her personality is far different than that of her brother. She doesn't move frequently throughout the day (and it seems she is most active at night--of course), and most of her movements are pretty mellow... that is, until you invade her space. A couple weeks ago I was talking to my dad on the phone, and I was curled up in a ball on my chair to try to stay warm. Suddenly I started feeling extremely uncomfortable, because she was stretching out and pushing against my legs. Okay, can't sit like that anymore!! Then last night I was cuddled up against Michael while we watched some TV, and suddenly I felt this crazy huge ~KICK!~ It literally made me jump, I was so surprised! So I apparently have to be really careful how I sit or lay when I am relaxing, because if I'm not, she will let me know! I don't remember N really ever kicking me hard enough to make me jump! It will be interesting to see what her personality is like on the outside.
I have a couple of other interesting things to write about, but seeing as how it's almost 4 AM and I've been awake since 2:30, I think I will call it quits for now and try to go back to sleep for a bit. Until next time--thanks for reading!
1 comment:
Awww, congrats on the girl! I was like you when I found out we were having a girl...what do I do with a girl! LOL! Oh, she tells me, that's for sure! :) So happy for your growing family!
Post a Comment