I haven't written in a little while, we've been awfully busy. We took just over two weeks for a trip to Utah and Idaho. It was nice to get away, and really wonderful to see our families. Michael's parents were even in Utah so we got to see them as well, and we saw his brand new nephew Manuel. We also got to see Michael's Grandpa Dean one last time before he passed away. I was glad we got to visit, but it was really sad, too. He had stomach cancer, and those last few weeks he was really miserable. He was just skin and bones, and I didn't even get to give him a hug. But I do think he knows how much we love him, and I am so glad he isn't suffering anymore.
Now that we're back home, I'm trying to get our house tidied up some. It feels overwhelming, but I try to remind myself it doesn't have to happen all at once. I also just made a bunch of appointments... doctors appointments, vet appointments, and the like. Next, I have to head to the college bookstore and buy my books. That's right, I'm going back to school starting next week! I am taking a cell biology class as a prerequisite to get into the veterinary tech program at my school. I know, I've changed my mind about what to major in about two dozen times, but I think I am going to try to really stick with this... if I can get accepted into the program, that is. Aside from the prerequisites, I also have to contact my vet office to observe several different procedures.
Anyway, I guess that's not a very exciting post, but I'm trying to be more faithful in updating! I'll get pictures up when we've moved them from Michael's phone to the computer. We haven't used our regular camera in quite some time, the phone is just so handy.. especially since N threw the camera behind our bed and I haven't decided to go looking for it just yet...
1 comment:
Hi,
I still check your blog once in a while... I'm not a 'facebook-er', but I do enjoy catching up and looking at the pictures you post on your family blog. It was good to see you guys at the funeral. I'm glad you were able to be here for it, and to get to see grandpa before he passed away. Jenn & I went up and mowed the lawn today, and grandma seemed to be doing pretty good then. I know she has her hard times as well though. She loves to visit, so if you have extra, or free cell minutes sometime, give her a call!
Thanks for blogging!
Love, Ruth
Post a Comment