It has been exactly six months to the day since my grandma passed away. Wow. Somehow, in some ways, it feels like it's been a really long time, and in other ways it feels like it was just yesterday. I found out in a rather unpleasant way (a family member's Facebook status) since I was away from home, and I'm not sure where our cell phone was, or even if my mom tried to call it. I don't remember where my husband was, I just remember driving home, alone, pondering the news I had just found out in such an unexpected way (ah, the blessings and curses of technology...).
The holidays without her are probably the hardest. Even though I don't live close enough to go home for the holidays every year, last Christmas was really hard without Grandma. The holidays were always a great excuse for her to decorate and celebrate. She gave all her grandchildren and great-grandchildren a new ornament every year for Christmas. It sounds trivial and silly, perhaps, but it was sort of disappointing to not get an ornament this year. It would have been Nolan's first from her.
Life goes on, of course, but she is greatly missed by so many people. I still think of her very often.
Next blog post will be happy, I promise!!
2 comments:
((HUGS)) <3
((HUGS))
Post a Comment