Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Crazy May!!!

We had a pretty crazy week last week!!! The weather went from typical rainy Portland to a record breaking heat wave!!! We are finally getting relief though, which is kind of nice because although it was nice to see the sun again, it came on so hard and so fast that it was a little overwhelming. Mike finally got out the fans on Saturday, and Monday we were trying to think of something fun to do before he went to class, and his suggestion was to put in the air conditioner... ha ha!!!

My job search is going well, I have a couple of prospects--both of them close enough to my house that I could ride my bike to work!!! One of the places I might work is an embroidery place... they put logos on clothes. I would basically be trimming off the excess threads and stuff, then packaging them up to ship them off. Not too exciting or fun, but my really really good friend Cari, and her mother-in-law work there. It is actually in a house, interestingly enough. The other prospect is as a secretary at a bilingual elementary school. And two ladies from my church work there, so I'd have friends at whichever job I take--a definite plus. :)

Mike is doing really well in both of his classes. His homework and big projects have kept him really busy lately, but we still manage to spend plenty of time together. We like taking the dogs to the dog park (although it is a pain because it's about 7 miles away) whenever we can. I love going almost as much as they do! I get to meet new people and see all different breeds of dogs! But I digress... we also enjoy spending time with Mike's brother Ammon and his family, and Mike's sister Solana and her family.

We are also both very busy with our church callings, him as branch mission leader, and me as second counselor in the young women program. It's a lot harder than I ever thought it would be! I forgot about all the drama that goes along with being a teenager. I am currently trying to teach them how to sew... it is interesting, and a lot of work. But I enjoy it. Even if a few words of good advice are all these girls take away from me, then that is great.

I have really been missing my family a lot lately. It is hard being in another state and not getting to see them very often.... although it seems we go to Utah once or twice a year! I get so jealous of Michael sometimes because he gets to see most of his nephews on a regular basis, and mine all grow up without me. And my older sister is pregnant for the third time. Her three and a half year old boy Charlie says she is going to have a boy (Samuel) AND a girl (Rachel). She is terrified of the idea of twins, but children often know more than we think they do. We shall see...

That about sums up how things are going right now. If you actually read all this... kudos to you! :)

No comments: