Wednesday, September 1, 2010

drive by update

I haven't mentioned little N in awhile. He is going to be 8 months old in a week. WOW. Where on earth has all the time gone?!

He has four teeth, two on top and two on bottom. His toothy grin is to die for!

This isn't the best picture of him, I think it would've been better without flash. But you can see all of his little teeth!! And his chubby cheeks, hehe!!

He has been "crawling" for at least a month now. He can't quite do the all-fours crawl yet. He gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth, and then kind of throws himself forward onto his tummy. It's pretty hilarious to watch! He also likes to climb up and over things, like if I'm sitting on the floor and I'm in his way, he'll climb up over my legs.

He doesn't really eat much solid food. Mostly still just drinks mama milk. It's starting to really drain me though, so I'm working on getting him to take more solid foods. He does okay with a sippy cup; he has two of them with silicon spouts, but instead of sucking on them, he just bites down on them to open the holes up. Silly boy!

He's pretty friendly, too. When he's not tired, he'll smile at almost anyone. He's very laid-back for the most part, unless you take something away from him, or refuse him something he wants (i.e. the telephone). Then he screams.

He sleeps pretty well at night, waking up every so often (more than normal lately, actually, but I'm hoping it's a phase), but usually goes back to sleep fairly quickly. Dare I admit that he is sleeping in our bed? Yeah... and that was supposed to end four months ago... heh... but I have anxiety if I try to leave him alone in his room all night. Besides, half the week I'd be completely alone in my bed if I didn't share with him. Actually, if I weren't sharing the bed with him, I'd probably have the dogs in the bed like I did when I was pregnant. :)

I have started an attempt to teach him sign language. I am anxious for him to be able to express himself. Not that I want him to grow up fast, it's quite the opposite. I'm just eager to know what's going on inside that head of his. And communication is SO important, even between a baby and the people in his life. Even babies have a lot to say, we just need to stop and "listen."

And now, gratuitous baby pics.

His new carseat.



He's turned into a real camera ham. He'll drop whatever he's doing and give the camera a HUGE grin. It's adorable.


See what I mean? Look at that smile!


Poor child. We thought the clown nose was adorable on him, but he sure didn't like it!



I'd love to post more, but it's quite past bedtime, so I should be off. Hope you enjoyed! Stop by again soon, I'll try to do better about posting, especially as I am taking a hiatus from Facebook.

5 comments:

kate said...

what a cutie! loved the pics :) he really is a pretty even mix of you & mike, i think.

Elijah Walker Family said...

I am sure that the waking up more at night is a teething thing. Teeth seem to throw off everything! I co-slept with my youngest too!! I just loved it. It was so comforting. But I will warn you that they are more prone to climbing into be with you when they are two (which is what I am dealing with now).

Tabor Yen Smith said...

So. Freaking. Adorable! Love the teeth! He sounds like he's just a wonderful little boy!

The Fintch said...

Oooh! He's so cute and pudgy and his cheeks are worth pinching, though I hate it and I'm sure everyone else does, too. But he is adorable!

Legerdemain said...

I know I'm late, but very cool.

Great Pics, thanks for sharing!